Environmental Analyst I
Blackwater Environmental Group, a small but growing woman-owned environmental consulting firm located in Baltimore County, MD, provides environmental and planning services focused within the transportation and utility industries. We are seeking an Environmental Analyst I to join our expanding team of professionals. This is an entry level position; up to two years of experience is preferred, but not required. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
Under the guidance of the Director of Technical Services, you will
- Perform highway traffic noise analyses, including occasional field work to collect sound level data
- Perform data collection from MicroStation roadway design files or ArcGIS for incorporation into the FHWA Traffic Noise Model (TNM) v2.5
- Analyze raw data and compile into applicable Microsoft Office templates
- Prepare maps, figures, text and tables for technical noise reports
- Conduct project-level air quality analyses for various pollutants, (including particulate matter (PM2.5), carbon monoxide (CO) and MSATs) for transportation projects
- Conduct quantitative GHG analyses using appropriate modeling methodology
- Prepare maps, figures, text and tables for technical air quality reports
- Assist Senior Environmental Analysts with duties related to work tasks
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
- Understanding of environmental regulations such as NEPA, Section 4(f), Section 106, Section 404, Section 7, and Environmental Justice
- Experience preparing sections of NEPA documents
- Experience coordinating with local, state, and federal agencies to facilitate environmental review
- Independent research, data collection, and impact analysis experience
- Technical writing, as well as reviewing and proofreading of materials for content, grammar, and style
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications
At Blackwater, you will enjoy a flexible, friendly work culture. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including health, dental, vision and company paid short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching. Blackwater also offers professional development compensation including certifications, advanced education courses, and training. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
Blackwater Environmental Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright 2023. Blackwater Environmental Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.