Environmental Analyst II
Blackwater Environmental Group, a small but growing woman-owned environmental consulting firm located in Baltimore County, MD, provides environmental and planning services focused within the transportation and utility industries. We are seeking an Environmental Analyst II to join our expanding team of professionals. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
- Perform highway traffic noise analyses, including occasional field work to collect sound level data
- Perform data collection from MicroStation roadway design files or ArcGIS for incorporation into the FHWA Traffic Noise Model (TNM) v2.5
- Analyze raw data and compile into applicable Microsoft Office templates
- Prepare maps, figures, text and tables for technical noise reports
- Conduct project-level air quality analyses for various pollutants, (including particulate matter (PM2.5), carbon monoxide (CO) and MSATs) for transportation projects
- Conduct quantitative GHG analyses using appropriate modeling methodology
- Prepare maps, figures, text and tables for technical air quality reports
- Assist Senior Environmental Analysts with duties related to work tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, landscape architecture, or a related environmental or engineering field
- 3-5 years of practical experience in analysis of Acoustic and/or Air Quality Impacts for transportation projects
- Proficiency with computer-aided design software (MicroStation, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Proficiency with FHWA’s Traffic Noise Model (TNM)/TNM 2.5 Training Certificate
- Familiarity with FHWA guidance on highway and noise impacts and abatement
- Familiarity with travel demand forecasting and interpretation of traffic data
- Understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the Clean Air Act
- Familiarity with the Motor Vehicle Emission Simulator (MOVES) and CAL3QHC
- Experience preparing sections of NEPA documents
- Independent research, data collection, and impact analysis experience
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with technical writing, as well as reviewing and proofreading of materials for content, grammar, and style
At Blackwater, you will enjoy a flexible, friendly work culture. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and company paid short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching. Blackwater also offers professional development compensation including certifications, advanced education courses, and training. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
Blackwater Environmental Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright 2023. Blackwater Environmental Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.