Environmental Planner I
Blackwater Environmental Group, a small but growing woman-owned environmental consulting firm located in Baltimore County, MD, provides environmental and planning services focused within the transportation and utility industries. We are seeking an Environmental Planner I to join our expanding team of professionals. This is an entry level position; up to two years of experience is preferred, but not required. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
Under the guidance of a Senior Environmental Planner, you will
- Assist in preparing environmental (NEPA) documentation including Categorical Exclusions and Environmental Assessments
- Complete research to provide supporting information for technical environmental studies such as community effects, indirect and cumulative effects, noise, air, etc.
- Review engineering plans to ascertain environmental impacts
- Assist with developing strategies and/or alternatives to avoid or minimize impacts to resources and mitigate unavoidable impacts
- Assist with agency coordination and preparing project meeting materials, as needed
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
- Understanding of environmental regulations such as NEPA, Section 4(f), Section 106, Section 404, Section 7, and Environmental Justice
- Experience preparing sections of NEPA documents
- Experience coordinating with local, state, and federal agencies to facilitate environmental review
- Independent research, data collection, and impact analysis experience
- Technical writing, as well as reviewing and proofreading of materials for content, grammar, and style
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications
At Blackwater, you will enjoy a flexible, friendly work culture. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and company paid short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching. Blackwater also offers professional development compensation including certifications, advanced education courses, and training. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
Blackwater Environmental Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright 2023. Blackwater Environmental Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.