Environmental Planner II
Blackwater Environmental Group, a small but growing woman-owned environmental consulting firm located in Baltimore County, MD, provides environmental and planning services focused within the transportation and utility industries. We are seeking an Environmental Planner II to join our expanding team of professionals. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
- Prepare environmental (NEPA) documentation including Categorical Exclusions and Environmental Assessments and assist with preparing Environmental Impact Statements
- Complete research to provide supporting information for technical environmental studies and complete technical reports under guidance of a Senior Environmental Planner such as CEA, ICE, noise, air, etc.
- Conduct local, state, and federal agency coordination with limited assistance or supervision
- Assist Environmental Planner I with learning job duties and tasks, review of work, provide general guidance
- Assist with developing and conducting public and stakeholder involvement/engagement plans and activities
- Prepare project meeting materials and presentations for delivery to clients and agencies to advance understanding of projects
- Review engineering plans to ascertain environmental impacts
- Interpret laws, regulations, and guidance
- Develop strategies and/or alternatives to avoid and minimize impacts to resources or mitigate unavoidable impact
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
- 3-5 years of practical experience in environmental planning
- Understanding of environmental regulations such as NEPA, Section 4(f), Section 106, Section 404, Section 7, and Environmental Justice
- Experience preparing sections of NEPA documents
- Experience coordinating with local, state, and federal agencies to facilitate environmental review
- Ability to successfully work independently and problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with technical writing, as well as reviewing and proofreading of materials for content, grammar, and style
At Blackwater, you will enjoy a flexible, friendly work culture. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and company paid short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching. Blackwater also offers professional development compensation including certifications, advanced education courses, and training. To learn more about Blackwater, please visit our website here.
Blackwater Environmental Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright 2023. Blackwater Environmental Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.