Environmental Specialist I
What We're Looking for
- Full-time candidate with 1-5 years of practical experience in environmental planning including
completing NEPA analyses and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
- Solid understanding of environmental regulations such as NEPA, Section 4(f), Section 106,
Section 404, Section 7, and Environmental Justice
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
- Experience preparing NEPA documents for transportation projects
- Experience coordinating with regulatory and resource agencies to facilitate environmental review
- Technical expertise in one or more areas including noise, air, hazardous waste, cultural resources,
and/or natural resources
- Experience authoring and preparing technical reports
- Independent research, data collection, and impact analysis experience
- Preparing all levels of NEPA documentation
- Completing technical environmental studies such as Community Effects Assessments, Indirect and
Cumulative Effects Assessments, noise, air, etc.
- Conducting resource agency coordination
- Assisting Senior Environmental Specialists with duties related to specific work tasks
- Reviewing engineering plans to ascertain environmental impacts
- Developing mitigation strategies and/or alternatives to minimize impacts to resources
- On-the-job mentoring by Blackwater’s senior staff
- Career advancement through professional development such as certifications,
advance education courses, and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package including medical/vision/dental insurance, health savings account, paid time off,
and employer-matched retirement plan
Copyright 2017. Blackwater Environmental Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Blackwater Environmental Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.