About the Role
We are seeking an Environmental Planner III to join our expanding team of professionals. The salary range for this position is $68,000 to $79,000 annually.
• Prepare environmental (NEPA) documentation including CE’s and EA’s and assist with preparing EIS and RODs
• Complete research to provide supporting information for technical environmental studies and complete technical reports under guidance of a Senior Environmental Planner such as CEA, ICE, noise, air, etc.
• Conduct local, state, and federal agency coordination with limited assistance or supervision
• Assist with developing and conducting public and stakeholder involvement/engagement plans and activities
• Prepare project meeting materials and presentations for delivery to clients and agencies to advance understanding of projects
• Review engineering plans to ascertain environmental impacts
• Interpret laws, regulations, and guidance
• Assist client or Senior Environmental Planner with project development tasks including developing and maintaining schedules
• Develop strategies and/or alternatives to avoid and minimize impacts to resources or mitigate unavoidable impact
• Assist Senior Environmental Planners with duties related to work tasks, as needed
• Assist Environmental Planner I and Environmental Planner II with learning job duties and tasks, review of work, provide general guidance
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email resume and cover letter to Julie Newman, Human Resources Manager (email@example.com)
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
6-10 years of practical experience in environmental planning
Strong understanding of environmental regulations such as NEPA, Section 4(f), Section 106, Section 404, Section 7, and Environmental Justice
Experience preparing NEPA documents and conducting agency coordination
Independent research, data collection, and impact analysis experience
Experience coordinating with regulatory and resource agencies to facilitate environmental review
Ability to successfully work independently and problem solve
Excellent time management skills and ability to balance priorities
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated proficiency with technical writing, as well as reviewing and proofreading of materials for content, grammar, and style
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
Master’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field
Experience preparing NEPA documents for transportation projects or energy projects
About the Company
Blackwater Environmental Group, a small but growing woman-owned environmental consulting firm located in Baltimore County, MD, provides environmental and planning services focused within the transportation and utility industries. At Blackwater, you will enjoy a flexible, friendly work culture. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and company paid short-term disability and life insurance paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching. Blackwater also offers professional development including certifications, advanced education courses, and training.
Blackwater Environmental Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.